On Sunday night’s Dailyskew Radio Podcast, Tony Vahl discussed:
- how exhausting the Julian Assange story has become. It’s a reminder of how we get ground into dust by the machine when w scare the powers-that-be.
– Do leaked diplomatic cables rate higher on the government’s Scale of Importance than classified military documents?
– Condom consent – is that a European Case Law thing?
- how the Android experience reminds him of Linux, for better and for worse. Vahl had to mount a drive (negative), and was able to name stars and constellations in the sky (positive). Vahl didn’t mention this, but he also loves Swype!
– You can do anything in Linux, but you have to know how to do it
– Mounting a drive on the Mac — talk about a Flashback to 1994 University computer labs! Blackberry is actually better at this than the Samsung Captivate.
– Memory on the Android isn’t that much better than Blackberry
– Like KDE Linux of five years ago, Android really isn’t for casual users right now
– You can do pretty much anything on an iPhone, but you have to do it Apple’s way.
– He also talked about how his daughter was able to play an entire song on the Android Robotic Guitar app, and how his son loves Google Goggles.
– Games, games, and more games. Gotta love the Mario knock-offs!
Here’s the Super Mario World music Vahl referred to:
- The Francisco Cervelli/Brian Cashman controversy, Juan Uribe is the new Jose Hernandez, and Cashman signing Russell Martin proves he didn’t learn anything from previous Yankees busts like Tony Womack and Randy “Winn”.
We got a couple of voicemails I got today from the DailySkew hotline (716-791-SKEW). The first was someone claiming to be Russell Martin:
I guess Russell Martin wasn’t enough to sway Cliff Lee? Sure sounds like Martin loves playing Pac-Man and Super Mario Bros. I’m amazed he took the time to record his voice and replay it as he played through level one, stomping on Koopas.
Anyway, here’s voicemail number two, this time from Russell Martin’s wife:
She requested that I punch a one-way ticket to H-E-L-L while she played Outrun at the local Dave and Busters. I bet she was about to hop on to Spy Hunter after the call.
I can understand Russell Martin’s frustrations. As Damian pointed out to me on Twitter earlier, we would all be frustrated after spending half the season on the DL and only hitting .248.
Hey, he’s 27 years old, and who knows, right? He might bounce back and have another 19 home run season. WOOOOOOOoooooooh!
- Julian Assange Arrested, Brian Cashman Slips, Jeff Francoeur Decides
- Trayvon Martin needs some JUSTICE
- DMP 121: Putin and Brigadiers
- Google Fight: Linux vs. Apple vs. Microsoft
- One 2 3 Four
- El Rushbo showing age, American Communists, Miami WTO protest