Welcome to another noisy edition of the DailySkew Mobile Podcast! On this Podcast, Vahl discusses how pundits on the left and right wing are unjustly attacking Obama over his decision to support a no-fly zone and bombings in Libya.
By the way: check out Andy Carvin’s Twitter Feed for the best information on the web concerning the Middle East revolutions in Libya, Tunisa, Egypt, Syria, Yemen, etc.
Highlights from the Podcast:
- Vahl is ticked with the MEDIA pundits reaction. “I feel like I’m in Bizarro land.”
- Vahl’s only criticism is that it took too long for the West to institute a no-fly zone
- Vahl has a problem with dictators that kill their own people
- Quaddafi has been committing genocide against the Libyans
- Vahl is glad the West (USA, France, England, etc.) are helping the Libyan rebels
- This is a just cause; preventing genocide is a just cause
- The Libyan people are fighting for freedom, against modern military weapons, and the West should help them
- Left criticism of Obama:
– Tavis Smiley: “This goes against the Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. message of nonviolence.”
– Michael Moore: “There should be 50 mile radius around Obama’s Nobel Peace Prize.”
- Vahl dismisses the Left’s criticism, and says it is proof that politics trump logic for these pundits
- “You cannot say you are against genocide (in places like Somalia and Rwanda) and be upset when the West says, ‘We’re going to stop genocide.’”
- “If you believe in nonviolence, you have to stop the more violent.”
- Doing nothing to help Libyans would be a sin of omission
- Vahl hopes the rebels are getting weapons from the West
- Right criticism of Obama (Beck, Limbaugh, Hannity, etc.):
– “This war costs too much money.”
– “This war is not working. Quaddafi’s soldiers are still killing civilians.”
– “The rebels are Al-Qaeda.”
- Money trumps lives?
- So these right wingers would have complained about the costs of WWII???
- They didn’t complain about the costs of Afghanistan years ago
- A life is worth more than all the money in the world; who cares what the actuaries say
- Again, this is pure politics — Obama is getting criticized by the right because he has “D” next to his name
- Gaddafi is a scumbag!
- So, the right wing is complaining that the bombings are not stopping Quadaffi from killing people. Does this mean the right-wing wants troops on the ground? So, it costs too much but we need troops? Huh?
- Why should we believe Qaddafi when he says the rebels are Al-Qaeda? Gadaffi is a LYER!
- Bottom line: the Libyans need help, Quadaffi is a scumbag, the West has the ability to blow up the military air bases, let’s do what is JUST!
If the West waited to figure out the political viewpoints of the rebels, the rebels would all be dead. The West had to act quickly; we can all cry about the lack of planning later. Saving lives is the important thing right now.
Listen to the podcasts for more thoughts on his subject.
Speaking of justice — help save a life of a young boy who needs a bone marrow transplant. Donate today!