Just heard the news a few minutes ago. Here are some random impressions about the US Forces killing Osama bin Laden:
- Spontaneous cheering at Ground Zero — wow, nice to see people remember what happened there
- Why ™ do Democrats appear to relish saying they killed a terrorist?
- So much for the Right-wing theory that Obama wanted to arrest and prosecute bin Laden
- Spontaneous cheering in Philadelphia, land of the Liberty Bell, during last night’s Phillies-Mets game. That was totally awesome; No wonder the Mets won last night in 14 innings. Totally symbolic of this extra-inning Osama affair
- Nice to see people who are still proud to be Americans. So tired of the nihilistic self-flagellation we are fed on a daily basis
- He was buried at sea like Megatron?
- A woman who was a human shield was killed in the raid. That shows Osama was a coward, and US forces are still politically incorrect, despite noise from the pundits claiming otherwise
Anyway, Damian and I will podcast about this later, after we’ve had a chance to work and digest this news. Check back here for our reaction to the death of of Osama bin Laden, the man who sparked the Earth-Zero timeline we’ve been suffering through for the past ten years.
UPDATE – here is a link to Damian and Tony’s podcast:
- Osama affected our society and timeline … ultimate villain … Patriot Act, TSA, two wars, death and destruction on 9/11 — all resulted from Osama
- As former New Yorkers, the hunt for Osama has been on Tony and Damian’s mind all these years
- It’s unfortunate that it took 10 years to find Osama and bring justice
- Can you imagine if Dark Knight Returns issue 4 came out ten years after issue 3?
- The spontaneous celebrations happened in the Northeast because Philly, New York, Washington D.C., etc., are part of the real America. Texas cares, too.
- Glad Osama was killed and not brought to trial
- Any right-wing conspiracies about Barack’s timing is lame. He gets the points and credits for getting Osama bin Laden. Who cares if Donald Trump’s Celebrity Apprentice was pre-empted?
- The helicopter that was to pick up the Seal 6 elite mission group crashed! Our boys went in there knowing there was no ride waiting to pick them up! That’s real courage!
- The military never forgot about Osama bin Laden
- Obama wanted minimal casualties, so they chose not to bomb the site, and instead do the strike on a new moon
- Enneagram Type 2 mom was happy; she used to work at WTC, and wanted Osama dead
- Enneagram Type 1 co-worker said he had muted emotional response, due to how long it took to finally get Osama
- Enneagram Type 4 co-worker said we should have captured him and extracted info from him; Damian theorized that CIA feels they already know everything Osama bin Laden knows, in regard to future terror attacks
- Egram Type 4 buddy wished he was there to see the operation in person; cynic in him questions whether they really got him, and he wished they had kept the body and brought it to Manhattan so the public could desecrate it
Listen to the podcast for more on Pakistan’s role in all this, and more.